marquee



You will find a new useful lesson every week, keep coming back www.tensespresentsimple.blogspot.com

Direct and indirect objects examples (We can use “to” with these verbs)


Give:-

I gave my old computer to my brother.
I gave my brother my old computer.

Send:-

She will send a lot of e-mail to you.
She will send you a lot of e-mail.

Bring:-

I have brought a new lesson to you.
I have brought you a new lesson.

Read:-

Let me read this news item to you
Let me read you this news item.

Write:-
She wrote a letter to her teacher.
She wrote her teacher a letter.

Pay:-

He paid the money to the cashier.
He paid the cashier the money.

Show:-

We showed the photos to him
We showed him the photos

Pass:-

She passed some chocolate to me.
She passed me some chocolate.

Lend:-

I lent my calculator to my friend.
I lent my friend my calculator.

Sell:-

She sold her bike to her sister.
She sold her sister her bike.

Tell:-

She told a funny story to all her friend.
She told all her friend a funny story.

Feed:-

I will feed the fish to the cat.
I will feed the cat the fish.

Bake:-

I baked a cake to her.
I baked her cake.

Take:-

Mother took ailing child to the hospital.
Mother took the hospital ailing child.

Offer:-

Someone has offered a job to me.
Someone has offered me a job.

Post:-

Can you post this cheque to the hotel?
Can you post the hotel this cheque?

Hand:-

He handed the keys to me.
He handed me the keys. 

Teacher:-

Teacher will teach a new lesson to his students
Teacher will teach his students a new lesson.

Owe:-

I owe a dollar bill to him.
I owe him a dollar bill.
Copyright © 2012 Tensespresentsimple.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.